Spring is having five major components.
1. Dependency injection – Do not create or instanciate an object inside another java class . Instead rely on Spring’s IOP module to create the object for you.
2. Aspect Oriented programing – Do not mix non Business logic with actual Business logic in your classes like separate the logging, caching, transaction mang etc and business logic a+b from the same class.
3. Data Access/Integration – contains 5 sub modules JDBC, ORM, OXM, JMS, Transaction Management
- Spring JDBC – opening and closing of database connections
– Any exception handling code
– Prepare and execute statements
- Spring ORM – Object Relation Mapping
– Provide full API support to integrate ORM tools like – Hibernate, JPA, IBATIS etc
- Spring OXM – Converting a java object into XML or XML to java
– Provide full APi support to to OXM frameworks like, JAXB, Caster, JiBX, etc
- Spring JMS – Java messaging service
– Provide full API support to produce and consume messages from JMS queues
- Spring Transaction Management – Provide two ways of transaction management
– Programmatic way and declarative way
4. Spring MVC – Using this we can make a web application using MVC pattern in a simple and good manner.
5. Test Framework – It provide support for testing spring components with JUnit and TestNG.