- Used to free unmanaged resources like files, database connections, COM etc. held by an object before that object is destroyed.
- Internally, it is called by Garbage Collector and cannot be called by user code.
- It belongs to Object class.
- There is performance costs associated with Finalize method.
- It is used to free unmanaged resources like files, database connections, COM etc. at any time.
- Explicitly, it is called by user code and the class implementing dispose method must implement IDisposable interface.
- It belongs to IDisposable interface.
- There is no performance costs associated with Dispose method.